Sunday, 13 April 2008

Chemo - First Week

The last few days since the chemo have been really good. People try to prepare you for the things that may happen, but in the end only your body will show you what it can do.

I have not felt sick, in fact the only sensation I have at the moment is this tingling feeling in my mouth. It's not a burning but it can be affected by certain foods or drinks. However, I still feel better than I have for months. I have not felt this healthy since before Christmas. I am hoping that it stays this way!! I have been told that what ever I experience now will be become the norm from now on...here's hoping!!

In fact I have felt so good this week I have been able to go out and do things. I have had to take it slowly and often have to have a break, but I can still get out. On Tuesday (day before chemo) Mum and Dad took me out with Jo to a National Trust house, had a good day! Wednesday was the day itself - no problems. Thursday was spent at home because Mum had work to do and Dad wanted to work on the garden. Friday I went with Mum to take Dad to a trip in Oxford so we had lunch and did some window shopping, also went to see my Grandma and my Aunt Steph. Saturday Mum and I went to Basildon Park for cream teas, it was very very nice!! Saturday night Big Dave came down after the football. Sunday, Big Dave, Mum and I went to Studland Beach and had breakfast and a really nice day out. Went back via Oxford to pick up Dad from his weekend thing and went back via Grandma's again.

Tonight Big Dave, Mum and I are going to see "Son of Rambow" can't wait! We should be leaving soon as Big Dave wants to get dinner first. Should be a great night!

So far nothing really interesting to report, but at least I'm not being sick! I am sorry if this update bores anyone, but I just wanted to let people know that I am able to go out and enjoy myself, even if I do have to have a nap!! lol!

God Bless xxxxx

1 comment:

sparkly shoes said...

hey lovely lady
glad to hear you are feeling better
so pleased for you
planning to pop down to pompey any time soon? would be great to see you. Or are you free for visits etc? love you loads
miss you much
xx