Ok so as I said before I had my clinic appointment on Monday just gone and the doctor had this to say:
Let me start with the 'bad' news - originally we thought that my cancer was only at stage 2b but it turns out that I was actually at stage 4. The cancer had spread below my diaphram and to my bone marrow.
So that should have been my diagnosis at the beginning but they couldn't find all the notes. Now, what the doctor said was he was happy to continue with the chemo as planned because all initial tests revealed that...oh I feel a bit like Chris Tarrent, "Shall we take a break?" Lol!
Test revealed that the cancer has been reduced by 50%!! This means that by September medical professionals are hopeful that there will be no more cancer!!!!!
I am a bit chuffed by this as you can imagine, however am slightly miffed as it's chemo week and I am unable to drink to celebrate!!! Grr! So shall be saving it up for next week! lol!
The bone marrow is nothing to worry about becuase it was only a small amount and because the tests show a decline in the amount of cancer present he is hopeful that the cancer did not have time to spread significantly to warrent a change in treatment, it just means that I will have to follow up appointments for 5 years instead of 3, this I can deal with!
The biggest tumour was behind my left lung, this was the one that the doctors were most concerned about and the CT scan showed that it had been reduced in size from 30mm to 15-18mm in diameter.
So all looks to be on track and I shall hopefully be able to return to Uni in October, graduate and go on to do great things!!
Lots of Love and God Bless
Charlie xxxx
p.s. To all those who are graduating this summer, well done!!! You're all brilliant!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw Charlie I cannot tell you how happy I am for you!! That is SUCH good news, and even though it'll be 'check-ups' for 5 instead of 3 years, like you say at least that's managable! It has put SUCH a big smile on my face!!! Keep going with it, and don't worry....I'm sure everyone appreciates everything you're going through so can let crabby moments pass lol.....but when you're done with your treatment there's NOTHING to blame it on hehe!!
All my love and hugs!!!!
Paul xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment